How to Report Crime

There are various ways you can report a crime which can be found below.

emergency 999IN EMERGENCY

Call 999 in an emergency is when a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, or if someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.

non emergencyNON-EMERGENCY

You can call 101 to report a crime that has already happened, seek crime prevention advice or make us aware of any policing issues in your local area. Call 101:

  • If your car, bicycle or mobile phone have been stolen;
  • If your garden shed has been broken into;
  • If your property has been damaged;
  • If you want to report a minor traffic collision, or
  • If you want to provide the police with information about a crime in your area.

Using 101 for situations, that do not require an immediate police response (such as those outlined above) helps keep 999 available for when there is an emergency.


crime stoppersANONYMOUSLY

You don't have to put up with crime in your community.

You are entitled to live in a safe place, free from crime, drugs and vandalism.

When criminals operate in a community of watching eyes and listening ears they begin to fear getting caught and lose their power to intimidate.


Your call is anonymous,it cannot be traced,the police will not visit your home and you may receive a reward.

Crimestoppers makes sure that your information reaches the police. You won't be asked your name, nor to make a formal statement or give evidence in court. Perhaps most importantly, because you've given information anonymously, you needn't fear reprisals. There is no risk in calling Crimestoppers.

It's easy, it's anonymous it's up to you

This is your community take it back


anti social behaviourANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

By playing an active role and reporting antisocial behaviour, you can help make your community a safer place. If you would like to report Anti-Social Behaviour you can find all information here



07624 818 901

Leicestershire Police has introduced a text message service for members of the community who cannot use a voice telephone.

People who are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or speech impaired now have the option to contact Leicestershire Police to report an incident using a text messaging service via their mobile phone.

What should it be used for?

The service should be used when there is no better option available to contact the police or other emergency service.

For example, consideration should be first be given to asking for assistance from people nearby who may be able to more effectively contact the police on your behalf. The use of TypeTalk should also be considered.

The Short Messaging Service (SMS) should not be relied upon as the sole method of contact to obtain a response in an emergency situation.

The primary function of the SMS is to provide an alternative method to contact the police in a non-emergency situation.

However, it is recognised that there may be emergency situations where no other method of communication is available.

What is the number?

People who are eligible to use this service are encouraged to save the phone number 07624 818 901 to their mobile phone under POLICE.

How does it work?

The user sends a text message to the number provided, just as they would send any other text.

This is be converted by a third party provider into an email and sent to the Control Room at Leicestershire Police Headquarters. The email will display the text of the message along with the time and date received and the phone number from which it has been sent.

While the Control Room is staffed round-the-clock, 365 days a year, Leicestershire Police cannot be held responsible for delays in receiving messages.

You will ONLY know your message has been received when you get a reply.

When contacting Leicestershire Police please remember to state:


What is the problem or incident?


Give details of the location i.e. house number/landmark, the road name and town.


Your name


Do you need just the police or do you need the ambulance / fire and rescue also.

An operator may then reply to you by text message asking for more details. They will provide you with the incident number as logged by the police and the response to be expected.

What response can I expect?

This will depend upon the nature of the incident, resource availability and the services required.

Leicestershire Police operates a Graded Response Policy. Response times can vary from within 15 minutes for life and death situations, to scheduled appointment times when appropriate.

Source: Leicestershire Police Website

Customer Services Shop

Braunstone Civic Centre
Braunstone Town,

Tel: 0116 2890045
Fax: 0116 2824785

The coat of arms of Braunstone Town, with text reading 'Braunstone Town Council'.

Our Community Centres

Logo for Google Maps, linking to a map showing the Braunstone Civic Centre.

Braunstone Civic Centre
Kingsway, Braunstone Town, Leicester, LE3 2PP.
Tel: 0116 2890045

Logo for Google Maps, linking to a map showing the Thorpe Astley Community Centre

Thorpe Astley Community Centre
Off Lakin Drive, Thorpe Astley, Leicester, LE3 3RU.
Tel: 0116 2890704


By contacting us you agree to Braunstone Town Council collecting and processing your personal data to deal with your enquiry, booking or service request.

Business Hours

Customer Service Shop

The new opening hours for customer services at the Braunstone Civic Centre during Covid-19 are: 

  • Monday: Closed
  • Tuesday: 9AM - 1PM, then 1:30PM - 5PM.
  • Wednesday: 9AM - 1PM, then 1:30PM - 6PM.
  • Thursday: 9AM - 1PM, then 1:30PM - 5PM.
  • Friday: 9AM - 1PM, then 1:30PM - 5PM.
  • Saturday: Closed
  • Sunday: Closed

Please get in touch for information regarding bookings. 


Braunstone Town Community Library

  • Monday: 2PM - 7PM
  • Tuesday: 2PM - 5PM
  • Wednesday: 10AM - 12:00 Noon, then 2 PM - 5PM.
  • Thursday: 2PM - 5PM
  • Friday: 10AM - 12:00 Noon, then 2 PM - 5PM.
  • Saturday: 10AM - 1PM
  • Sunday: Closed

Thorpe Astley Community Centre

Not available for hirings due to Covid-19 Outbreak