VACANCY FOR TOWN COUNCILLOR
Winstanley Ward – 1 vacancy
A notice of vacancy in the Office of Town Councillor was published on 27th November 2020 for the Winstanley Ward. A request for an election was not received within the required 14 days. Public elections will not be held until May 2023, therefore, for the interim period the vacancy will be filled by co-option, voted for by the incumbent members of Braunstone Town Council.
Any person interested in being co-opted as a Braunstone Town Councillor should apply in writing to the Executive Officer & Town Clerk by 9am on Monday 18th January 2021 stating how you are qualified and what experience and skills you have to serve as a Town Councillor.
To qualify, you must:
- be either a British, Commonwealth or European Union citizen;
- on the ‘relevant date’ (i.e. the day on which you are co-opted) be 18 years of age or over;
- not be debarred from standing as a Councillor.
additionally you must meet one of the following four qualifications:
- 1. a local government elector in Braunstone Parish; or have during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day of co-option:
- or 2. occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in Braunstone Parish;
- or 3. had your principal or only place of work in Braunstone Parish;
- or 4. resided in Braunstone Parish or within three miles of the boundary.
If you apply, you will be required to attend the Council meeting on Thursday 28th January 2021 at 8.00pm either at Braunstone Civic Centre or via Zoom Video Conferencing to present your case to be co-opted as a Town Councillor and answer any questions. The decision will be made at that meeting.