Braunstone Civic Centre
Civic Centre Refurbishment 2023
Over the last few months, the Town Council has been successful in attracting funding for major refurbishment of parts of the Centre. The following work will be carried out over a ten-week period starting 16th January 2023.
1. refurbish existing Reception toilet facilities, including the existing disabled toilet
2. install a new Changing Places Toilet facility in the Reception toilets
3. installation of rainwater harvesting for the toilets
4. partially relocate the existing toilet facility adjacent to the bar and refurbish
5. provide a new catering kitchen facility for the Civic Community Lounge (Bar/Café)
6. provide a new cleaning store facility
7. provide new storage facilities
8. installation of services, fixtures and fittings for the above
To read our open letter concerning the improvements please click here: Letter RE Improvments
Stay up to date on our imporvements on our Latest News Page here: Latest News
Braunstone Civic Centre is our largest premises, and the seat of Braunstone Town Council. We operate several rooms which can be hired out to the public, suitable for anything from a group of three or four up to 200!
Three rooms have access to a kitchen which can be hired alongside your room – the Council Chamber, Millfield Hall, and Ravenhurst Room. These kitchens are equipped with a large cooker, a fridge, dishwasher, and tea urn.
The Civic Centre is a licensed premises with an onsite bar, with various other facilities available.
It is a single storey building with easy access to all our rooms – no steps, and accessible corridors. We also have a full disabled toilet and baby changing room. (Changing places toilet facility coming soon). Guide and hearing dogs are welcome in all areas of the Civic Centre
The Civic Centre has free Wi-Fi – just ask at reception for the details.
Our Rooms - please click through for further information on each room.
Civic Centre Memorial Gardens
A large scale community project to commemorate the centenary of World War I in 2018 led to the creation of the Civic Centre Memorial Gardens, as well as the 'Poppy Cascade' - a net of hand made poppies that hung from the side of the Civic Centre.
Large Granite memorial stones with dedication plaques were added, along with a landscaped garden and a path from the Kingsway entrance of the Civic to the memorial.