September 2020 - December 2020
BRAUNSTONE LANE EAST MIDDLETON STREET CLOSURE
THE LEICESTER (MIDDLETON STREET) (TEMPORARY) TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Leicester City Council intends, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, to make an Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the effect of which will be, for the following anticipated period of time to:
- Prohibit the movement of all vehicles on Middleton Street and Braunstone Lane East between its junction with Riverside Drive and a point 500 metres north-east thereof from 12.00 am on Monday 21st September 2020 until 23.59 pm on Thursday 24th December 2020.
This Order is considered necessary due to bridge maintenance works taking place and to prevent the likelihood of danger to the public.
The Order will come into effect on the 21st September 2020 and will continue in force for up to 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the earlier. Emergency access will be maintained at all times. Any queries regarding the scheme should be made to Harish Sharma (Leicester City Council), tel. 0116 454 0622.
Dated this 9th September 2020. Andrew L Smith Director of Planning, Development and Transportation Leicester City Council City Hall, 115 Charles Street Leicester, LE1 1FZ
- You can find some further information about these works here.
- Leicester City Council letter/release regarding the closure (PDF).
- Map of the closure (PDF).
- Map of possible diversion routes (PDF).
November 2020 - May 2021
Previously October 2020 - March 2021
NOTIFICATION OF ESSENTIAL LIGHTING MAINTENANCE WORKS M1 Junction 21 to Junction 21a
Essential lighting maintenance work will be carried out on the M1 Junction 21 to Junction 21a by Highways England.
The work includes:
- remove and replace the current street lighting lanterns with LED lighting
- replace existing light columns where necessary
- replace sections of cable in the central reservation and northbound and southbound verges
- upgrade existing electrical feeder pillar boxes
Once installed, the new LED lighting will reduce light pollution, energy usage and ongoing maintenance requirements.
When will the work take place?
The work is due to start on 5 October 2020 and is scheduled for completion by the end of March 2021.
To keep these works as short as possible and to minimise disruption to the local community, residents, businesses and road users, work will be done between 8pm and 6am, Monday to Friday.
- You can read the full release here (PDF).
- You can read the full release here (PDF - updated document 24/09/2020).
October 2020 until 2022
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER - LUBBESTHORPE BRIDLE ROAD/ENDERBY ROAD, LUBBESTHORPE & WATERGATE LANE, BRAUNSTONELeicestershire County Council Highways has agreed to a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order at the following locations.
A road closure is required at the below locations commencing on the 9th October 2020 for 18 months.
Lubbesthorpe Bridle Road – From its junction with Enderby Lane to the junction with Watergate Lane.
Enderby Lane – From its junction with Lubbesthorpe Bridle Road to where it meets Footpath W3a.
Watergate Lane - From where it meets Lubbesthorpe Bridle Road to the junction with Lubbesthorpe Road.
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER - EDWARD AVENUE, BRAUNSTONE
A prohibition of waiting is required on Edward Avenue from its junction with Turnbull Drive to outside house number 96 for 1 day commencing on the 26th October 2020.
The Temporary Traffic Regulation Order will be implemented for public safety for LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL to safely facilitate GULLY REPLACEMENT WORKS.
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER - HARCOURT WAY, BRAUNSTONE
A prohibition of waiting is required on Harcourt Way outside numbers 3 & 4 for 1 day commencing on the 6th November 2020.
The Temporary Traffic Regulation Order will be implemented for public safety for LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNTIL to undertake footway patching works.