September 2020 - December 2020
BRAUNSTONE LANE EAST MIDDLETON STREET CLOSURE
THE LEICESTER (MIDDLETON STREET) (TEMPORARY) TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Leicester City Council intends, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, to make an Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the effect of which will be, for the following anticipated period of time to:
- Prohibit the movement of all vehicles on Middleton Street and Braunstone Lane East between its junction with Riverside Drive and a point 500 metres north-east thereof from 12.00 am on Monday 21st September 2020 until 23.59 pm on Thursday 24th December 2020.
This Order is considered necessary due to bridge maintenance works taking place and to prevent the likelihood of danger to the public.
The Order will come into effect on the 21st September 2020 and will continue in force for up to 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the earlier. Emergency access will be maintained at all times. Any queries regarding the scheme should be made to Harish Sharma (Leicester City Council), tel. 0116 454 0622.
Dated this 9th September 2020. Andrew L Smith Director of Planning, Development and Transportation Leicester City Council City Hall, 115 Charles Street Leicester, LE1 1FZ
- You can find some further information about these works here.
- Leicester City Council letter/release regarding the closure (PDF).
- Map of the closure (PDF).
- Map of possible diversion routes (PDF).
November 2020 - May 2021
Previously October 2020 - March 2021
NOTIFICATION OF ESSENTIAL LIGHTING MAINTENANCE WORKS M1 Junction 21 to Junction 21a
Essential lighting maintenance work will be carried out on the M1 Junction 21 to Junction 21a by Highways England.
The work includes:
- remove and replace the current street lighting lanterns with LED lighting
- replace existing light columns where necessary
- replace sections of cable in the central reservation and northbound and southbound verges
- upgrade existing electrical feeder pillar boxes
Once installed, the new LED lighting will reduce light pollution, energy usage and ongoing maintenance requirements.
When will the work take place?
The work is due to start on 5 October 2020 and is scheduled for completion by the end of March 2021.
To keep these works as short as possible and to minimise disruption to the local community, residents, businesses and road users, work will be done between 8pm and 6am, Monday to Friday.