News Summary - Updated 26th March 2020
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister on Monday evening, all Town Council services have been closed to protect residents, staff and councillors.
Government advice is not to use playgrounds and these have been closed and signs put up both to reduce the spread of Covid-19 but also for the safety of our children and young people. Due to the advice, our Ground staff will not be undertaking the regular nor detailed safety checks of our parks equipment for at least three weeks.
The Town Council will be providing a co-ordination and facilitation role to support residents who wish to volunteer to assist others in their neighbourhood, particularly the elderly and vulnerable, more information is available on our dedicated webpage.
There may be delays in responding when contacting the Council, particularly in the next three weeks:
- Voice mail is available on the main number 0116 289 0045 and these are being monitored weekdays.
- No face to face Reception service is available at either Braunstone Civic Centre or Thorpe Astley Community Centre for the next three weeks and the buildings will remain closed to the public.
- The Civic Community Lounge is closed until further notice.
- The Braunstone Town Library is closed until further notice.
- All library books have extended return dates until the 4th July 2020.
- Pop Up Care group at Thorpe Astley Community Centre is currently closed.
- Customer services at the Braunstone Civic Centre is responding weekdays to voice messages, emails and web form enquiries and reports.
- We will not take any room bookings and all bookings until 30th June are cancelled. Please bear with us for your refund. Following the announcement on Monday 24th that only essential travel to work should be undertaken, we will not be processing any refunds in the next three weeks.
Council Meetings and Programme of Events
- Council meetings for the 2nd of April 2020 have been cancelled.
- All events up until the 30th June are cancelled, including the Spring Craft Fair.
23rd March 2020
21st March 2020
Following the latest advice that all Café, Bar and Leisure Venues should close, the Civic Community Lounge will be closed from 20th March 2020 until further notice.
There will be no more hires at our Community Centres.
If you have a booking this week, your event will be cancelled, we will contact you shortly. If you have any queries please contact Customer Services who open at 9am on Monday.
20th March 2020
19th March 2020
- Coronavirus disruption to Citizens Advice appointments - 19/03/2020
- Blaby District Council to close Customer Services at the Civic Centre